Tuesday 7 August 2007

HA-HA (as said by Nelson Muntz from the Simpsons)

I am an email horder. I clean out my inbox about 3 times a year. Today I was cleaning out my inbox and came across an old forwarded email. Usually I hate forwarded emails especially the ones that say "If you really love Jesus, send this email to 5 friends to prove it". Does this mean that if I care enough not to spam my friends' inbox, that I don't love Jesus? Does this mean that Jesus wants me to spam my friends??? You can see how weird Chirstian chain letters can be. If I happen to find a hilarious (very hilarious, and most often a video) email, I cut that chain letter thing off, so none of my friends (whom I have chosen to receive this email, not my entire contact list) have to go through the same moral dilema of whether or not Jesus wants them to spam in order to show their our love for him.

So with that rant behind me, here's the quasi-funny email that I found lost in my inbox since April 20th (an email that I am sure has been around since the birth of the internet). It gave me a little chuckle today.

You Know Your A Maritimer When.....
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
2."Vacation" means going to Moncton for the weekend.
3. You measure distance in hours or the number of hills you have to drive over.
4.You know several people who have hit a deer.
5. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
6.You install security lights on both your house and garage and go and leave both unlocked.
7. You think of the major food groups as: Meat, Fish and Tim Hortons.
8. There are seven empty cars running in the parking lot of the Canadian Tire store at any given time.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. (I remember this well - tell me how you can really be a punk-rocker and wear a snowsuit. How mortifying!)
10. You know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Construction.

No comments: